- develop and implement systems for large-scale bioinformatics analysis using cloud technology
- develop user friendly interfaces and API:s to bioinformatic tools and data
- develop and implement security solutions
- participate in international collaborations in the Horizon 2020 program PhenoMeNal in order to establish an e-infrastructure for large-scale metabolomics analysis, and in the European infrastructure ELIXIR for biological information
- experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. C, C++, java)
- strong scripting skills (e.g. bash, perl, python)
- experience in using and administrating GNU/Linux
- experience in database development and administration (e.g. MySQL)
- experience of web development
In addition, we are looking for candidates with experience in
- high-performance computing
- virtualization technology (e.g. OpenStack)
- software containers (docker)
- web application frameworks (e.g. Django)
- configuration tools (e.g. puppet, chef, ansible)
Fixed-term: The funds for these positions are available for 2 years in the first instance, with possible extension.
Deadline for applications: Nov 15 2015.
More information and instructions how to apply here. Note that even though the ad at the Uppsala University page is in Swedish, knowledge of Swedish is not a requirement.
In case you have any questions regarding the positions, you are most welcome to contact Bengt Persson, BILS director: firstname.lastname@example.org.