BILS is looking for a systems developer to develop robust, safe and user friendly interfaces to bioinformatics tools.
- creating web interfaces to bioinformatics tools, both interactive and api:s (e.g. REST)
- improving robustness, security and accessibility of existing bioinformatics software
- integrating bioinformatics tools in workflow systems such as Galaxy and Synapse
- collaborating with Swedish bioinformaticians in methods development
We are looking for highly motivated applicants with an MSc in computer engineering or similar, with strong programming skills and background/expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- systems development in python, perl, Java/J2EE and SQL
- GNU/Linux, Unix
- development tools such as Git, Eclipse, Java Studio, SVN etc.
The ideal candidate also has bioinformatics experience, strong collaboration and communication skills and is fluent in spoken and written English.
The advertisment in Swedish can be found here.
Please direct any technical questions / informal enquiries about this position to Bengt Persson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will be located at Science for Life Laboratory, Stockholm, and is a full-time permanent position after a 6 month probationary period.
Please send your application by e-mail with "ref no SU 618-3184-12" as subject to email@example.com before Dec 13 2012.